Sunday, November 20, 2011

Shine on, Literally!

It is clear that the holidays are upon us and in full swing. Stores are starting their extended hours, people are planning out their Christmas shopping and decorations creating the North Pole are on display. For some this maybe to early, while others it is just a constant reminder of what is coming. 

Now working in the mall I spend a lot of time with not only clothes, but walking around stores and something that I have noticed is the over take of metallic and shiny clothes.  Little silver  or gold tops entwined with sparkles are everywhere. I have found myself saying more times then not, "this would be great for the holidays," like I really have anywhere to go, NOT. However, I assume that is what the intention is for people to purchase these specialty items with thought of the holiday coming. 

I'm informing you that the shine trend is on and if you need any special clothes for upcoming parties or just cause like me you feel the need to buy, there is some really great stuff out there. You can find the shine in every form, heck even pants. Color is also not an issue with this trend you can have traditional silver and gold,  or metallic colors. The thing is any thing with a little bit of sparkle is holiday appropriate. 

I also think that this trend always comes about around Christmas time, sparkle maybe be popular at other times during the year, but it is magnified to the extreme around the holidays.

These are some of the sparkly clothes that I have taken a liking to this holiday season. This is a little shrug from Banana Republic that is super cute and comes in gold and silver. Below is a black sparkly top by Marc by Marc Jacobs that is simple and really cute, I love the contrast between the black and silver. 




Just a few items and to get you guys thinking.

Tis the season,

Good luck finding your perfect holiday outfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment