
Fall is officially in swing and the major trends for this season are being seen everywhere. I think the largest and more impressive trend this season is fur. Fur is obviously a trend that goes in and out of popularity, it always holds a place in fashion, but it's not always a must have. For the fall season fur is coming straight from the runways in all forms. It was named one of the 7 must haves in the Saks September 2011 catalog.
Fur is not only being used for it's warmth this season, but as a fashion statement. It is not only seen in winter apparel, but also as an accent to sweaters, accessories, and boots. Fur is being used as the trim/collar along clothing, shoes, scarves and purses. Jackets are not limited to being designed as a long minks, but made as a fashionable cropped jacket with a cuffed sleeve. The furs this season are very fashionable because they are textured and multicolored, making them more unique and beautiful.
Fur is becoming an exotic statement because of the use of color. There is a beautiful hoop scarf by Venice that comes in a variety of colors including grey and purple. The purple is a very different deep color that could spice up any outfit, on top of a white sweater it makes a statement or underneath a black jacket just adding a pop of color. This is only one example of how color is being used with fursFur is a trend that not always attracts the best attention, some people do not like it because it is using and wearing an animal. However, don't worry, for those of you who love the look of fur, faux fur is just as much in style as real fur. It is a more affordable price and with the use of new technology they are of great quality, looking fantastic and feeling great. Furs have changed a lot over the years they are lighter weights and more intricate designs.
I am extremely excited about this trend because fur is always something that I have worn. Im excited to see the new pieces that come out using fur and to see how people add them into their wardrobe. I am most excited by the fur vest, both in mink and faux fur. I have a vest that has a fur lined hood, but I am very interested in a full fur vest. I think they are very stylish and add a little something extra to an outfit as an additional option to just throwing on a sweater or cardigan.


No comments:
Post a Comment